Help us support the Jackson County 4-H Program through fundraisers!
The 4-H Parents and Leaders Association is constantly hosting various fundraisers to support the Jackson County 4-H Program as it is a part of their mission to generate financial, along with other, support for all the county programs and youth involved in 4-H. Below you will find information about how these fundraisers support the Jackson County 4-H program, what the fundraisers are, and how YOU can help!
What do these fundraisers support?
Well, in short, these fundraisers support continued educational opportunities for youth involved in the Jackson County 4-H program. These continued educational opportunities include:
- Project group supplies
- 4-H Banquet supplies
- Funding for youth and adults to attend Fall Forum or other leadership trips
- 4-H promotional material for use to gain new 4-H members
- Workshop fees for presenters in various projects
- Older member trips and events
- 4-H Summer Camp
- Cloverbud Project
- STEM kit supplies and support materials (can be checked out to clubs)
- Grants for 4-H projects
- Special Interest (SPIN) Clubs
- Foodstand materials, upgrades, equipment, products….. AND SO MUCH MORE!
The board is looking to create and sell a 4-H Cookbook starting in 2019. In order to create this cookbook, however, we need RECIPES! We’d love to have this cookbook be filled with recipes from our current 4-H youth and families, 4-H alumni, and friends of 4-H!
Below, you will find information about the cookbook itself, how to submit a recipe to the cookbook, and then information on when and how the cookbooks can be purchased.
- About the Jackson County 4-H Cookbook:
- The cookbooks will be professionally printed with a soft cover and be spiral bound
- All recipes will be contrinuted by current 4-H members, alumni, and friends of 4-H
- Recipes will need to be submitted BY AUGUST!
- Cookbooks are looking to be printed in the fall – just in time for 2019 holiday gifts!
- How to Submit a Recipe:
- Is there something special you want to share – like the Best of Show recipe from the Fair, or your Great Grandma’s Banana Bread – SHARE IT WITH US!
- Instructions on what is needed to submit a recipe found HERE
- Hard copy recipe form to fill out found HERE
- Recipes need to be submitted by August – but the sooner you submit them the better!
- All you have to do to submit a recipe is email the recipe to JC4Hcookbook@gmail.com
- If you, or someone you know, would like a hard copy to submit a recipe, stop on my the Jackson County Extension Office to pick up a paper form!
- Purchasing a Cookbook:
- It is $10.00 a cookbook
- We will be taking pre-orders. More information to come
- Books will be sold at the Jackson County Extension Office starting in Fall 2019
Farmers Market Fundraiser:
This is an opportunity for your 4-H club, or a youth 4-Her who is going on a 4-H trip, to raise funds by selling projects they made, food they made, food they grew, or charge for an activity (i.e. facepainting for $2) at the Jackson County Farmers Market.
The Parent and Leaders Association has paid for the fee to have a booth at the Farmers Market to get this club fundraiser started! Each club leader will be emailed information about how they as a club can sign up, participate and raise funds for their club. The family of each youth who has signed up for a 4-H state, national, or international trip will also be emailed with information on how to sign up so they can raise money to attend their 4-H trip.
Quick Facts about this Fundraiser:
- Funds raised at the Farmers Market will go directly to the club who was selling that day, or directly to the 4-H youth attending a 4-H trip
- Each club will be selling something of their choosing – meaning that there will be A LOT of cool things! Some things they may sell are listed below:
- Homemade Food Goodies
- Craft Projects
- Face Painting
- Kits for Activities
- And so much more!
- The Farmers Market runs from June through October
- If a club can’t be at the Farmer’s Market the 4-H Program Coordinator or Summer Intern may be there selling plat books!
For more information about the Jackson County Farmers Market check out their website HERE. If you are a club leader or a 4-H youth who is participating in a trip and would like mroe information about this fundraiser please email the 4-H Program Coordinator.
Plat Book Fundraiser:
The new 2018 edition of the Jackson County Plat Book is available for purchase at the Jackson County Extension office located at 227 S. 11th Street in Black River Falls, as well as Moe’s, Scholze’s, and the County courthouse. The books cost $35 each (+$8.00 to have it mailed).
The sale of plat books is a fundraiser for Jackson County 4-H and a new platbook is released every three years.
Premium wall maps are also available. Traditional landownership maps by township and range, a landowner index for easy cross referencing, and other county information are all available in the new edition. This book features the new enhanced LiDAR aerial view maps opposite the landownership map pages, which is the 3D effect showing the actual topography of the land. Visit mappingsolutionsGIS.com for digital versions of Jackson County landowner maps. Mapping Solutions is the publisher.
You can also order a plat book and get it mailed to you, verses picking it up at one of the distributors! Here are the steps to purchasing a plat book and having it mailed to you:
- INQUIRE WHAT THE CURRENT SHIPPING FEE TO MAIL A BOOK IS:(Call Jackson Co. Extension 715.284.4257 Ext.#1 for most current shipping fee charge is)
- IMPORTANT Include ALL (3) of the following:
- Include a check for cost of Plat Book(s) ($35.00 each) Make this check out to: 4-H PARENTS & LEADERS
- Include a SEPARATE check to cover shipping Make this check out to: Jackson County Extension
- Include the address that you would like the Plat Book shipped to.
- MAIL AN ENVELOPE WITH (2 checks & shipping address) to:
- Jackson County UW-Extension
Attn: Support Staff (Plat Book Sales)
227 South 11th Street
Black River Falls, WI 54615
- Jackson County UW-Extension
Note: A separate check to Jackson County Extension will be required to cover the costs to mail the books. The Plat books are a 4-H Fundraiser but Jackson County Extension needs to be paid for mailing them out for 4-H.