|Guidance through 3/31||Spring (April 1-May 31st)||Summer (Starts June 1st)|
|Max total Participants||
||Effective June 2:
||Effective June 2:
|Total Duration of the Program||
|Program Approvals||Approval is still needed for all in-person events and activities.||Approval is still needed for all in-person events and activities.||Pre-approval will not be required unless this is an overnight program.|
|Mask Requirments||Required for ALL programing||Required for ALL programing||Effective June 2:
Read more about the guidelines here.
Here are a couple of other guidelines that don’t have a category above:
- 50% capacity on buses (one person per seat).
- Dedicated boarding procedures will be established, such as starting at the rear of the vehicle, opposite for exiting.
- All current safety protocols such as requiring facial coverings and distancing remain in place.
Day and overnight camps
- Upham Woods will be open for day camps this summer. As a UW-Madison facility, Upham Woods is subject to UW System protocols for youth programming, which require testing for overnight camps. Additional accommodations would also be needed. Given this, we’ll be focusing on day camp opportunities. 4-H youth camps can take place at non-UW Madison facilities that agree to follow CDC/American Camp Association safety guidelines.
- Cohorts of participants will be arranged to attend activities and eat together.
- Current safety protocols, such as distancing and facial coverings, will remain in place, with a standard facial covering exception for sleeping and eating designated mealtimes following plan protocols.
- Sleeping arrangements will follow CDC protocols for physical distancing, including cabins at or under 50% capacity and beds spaced 6 feet apart and arranged head to toe.
- Food is allowed following CDC school lunchroom guidance (social distancing, minimizing time with masks removed, and hygiene) and preferably eaten outside when weather allows.
- Approvals are handled through a separate pre-approval process to align with CDC and American Camp Association guidelines.
Volunteer Training Video
This video is Required for volunteers who plan to host an in person meeting.
If you have any questions please let me know! I know this form is daunting and I do not expect you to have all of the answers.